Short Fiction Collections
Love Stories, a collection of seven previously published and five previously unpublished short stories.
What is love? What can love drive us to do?
In these stories, love pushes us to revenge, to reach beyond the boundaries of life and death. To rescue a family member. To fight the good fight without even knowing it, or to risk everyone and everything to save someone who may or may not be worthy. To make the wrong decisions and walk into hell. To transcend who we are.
Love can make us both the best and worst versions of ourselves.
Becoming, a short fiction teaser for my novel in progress.
An innocent young man must face an ancient evil—including an evil that has taken root inside him—and learn who he really is. What choice will he make, when he finally has one?
(Vampires in 18th and 19th century Prussia, 6976 words.)
- “Becoming,” Newsletter Exclusive, January 2023
- “The Captivity of Princess Sallya,” Alien Skin, October/November 2005.
- “Corporate Oversight,” The Fifth Di…, December 2006.
- “Grandfather Paradox,” Electric Velocipede, issue #17/18, Spring 2009. Escape Pod, March 10, 2011. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “In the Water,” Fictitious Force, issue #6, 2009. Escape Pod, May 13, 2011. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “La Divinia Commedia”, ChiZine, October 2011, reprinted in Broad Spectrum: The 2012 Broad Universe Fiction Sampler (October 30, 2012). Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “Minotaur,” in Alien Abduction: Short Fiction on the Themes of Alien and Abduction, September 28, 2015. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “Ondine’s Curse,” Electric Velocipede, December 11, 2013. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “Saving Alan Idle,” Escape Pod, July 5, 2013. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “Underworld,” Fantastic Stories of the Imagination, January 2015. Reprinted in Love Stories.
- “Victual-Seeking Varmints from Outer Space,” Alien Skin, May 2004.
An imaginative collection that puts a modern spin on beloved fairy tales and myths.